I have already cleaned the rollers, checked bearings, polished the idler roller shaft with 1500 grit paper and put a tiny dab of grease on the oillite bearings. I think it has be an alignment issue with the platen but I have tried repositioning the platen within the limits of the 4 bolts that hold it to the chassis. The drive shaft is knurled and is clean as a pin. The opposite end is the idler and it is clean as well as the platen surface. The original belt tracked perfectly. When I put the new belt (1st) I only took out the two outside bolts so the platen would not move. The second replacement I have tried the platen bolts in every position and belt tension as well. I do not want to over tighten the belt and split the 30 degree seam. That is why I adjusted the tension to the belt will drive but not so tight that I break the belt.
Last edited by gdonham1; 03-08-2020 at 11:26 PM.