House of Tools Closed - Router Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TRN_Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
First Name: Dan
Posts: 1,537
 
Default House of Tools Closed

Not sure if this has been mentioned but my favorite candy store is now closed. I guess the creditors called in there loans and the doors are now closed across Canada.

Can anyone else confirm this in other cities? In Edmonton they are closed and the website is down as well.

Last edited by TRN_Diesel; 05-17-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
TRN_Diesel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 367
 
Default

See this thread:

http://www.routerforums.com/lobby/12...s-closing.html

I thought they were supposed to close only in BC but I have noticed that the May flyer never appeared on their web site and, as you say, now the whole web site is down.

We are getting KMS Tools in their retail space here.
crquack is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
First Name: N/a
Posts: 12
 
Default

Quack... we meet again...

So this is mostly for those who haven't found out yet and find this thread by searching... but the deal was, we hired everybody who was gonna get laid off and took over the Campbell River, Langley, and Victoria stores... and opened our own in Edmonton.

Would post link to store locations but now allowed yet

- Nathan @KMS
nathant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi Nathan

That sound great I have question for you, did you also take over the stock and if so do you have the Can-Do Router Lathe on hand.. ???? I know some members looking for one or two..

http://www.kmstools.com/
http://www.kmstools.com/pages/flyer-1
http://www.kmstools.com/contact-us

=======

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathant View Post
Quack... we meet again...

So this is mostly for those who haven't found out yet and find this thread by searching... but the deal was, we hired everybody who was gonna get laid off and took over the Campbell River, Langley, and Victoria stores... and opened our own in Edmonton.

Would post link to store locations but now allowed yet

- Nathan @KMS



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097



Last edited by bobj3; 09-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.
bobj3 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
TRN_Diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
First Name: Dan
Posts: 1,537
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathant View Post
Quack... we meet again...

So this is mostly for those who haven't found out yet and find this thread by searching... but the deal was, we hired everybody who was gonna get laid off and took over the Campbell River, Langley, and Victoria stores... and opened our own in Edmonton.

Would post link to store locations but now allowed yet

- Nathan @KMS
So let me get this straight KMS tools bought out House of Tools? Am I understanding this right? I see you have a store in Edmonton on 156 Street and 114 ave will have to check it out.

Thanks just what a tool addict needs is another diamond in the rough.
TRN_Diesel is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered User
 
TwoSkies57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Bill
Posts: 6,056
   
Default

Its only fair that the Canadians suffer the temptations of the craft like the rest of us..*S*

KMS Tools

"..... limited only by imagination"

"Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"
Skipper the Penguin
TwoSkies57 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
First Name: N/a
Posts: 12
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj3 View Post
Hi Nathan

That sound great I have question for you, did you also take over the stock and if so do you have the Can-Do Router Lathe on hand.. ???? I know some members looking for one or two..


=======
Hey bobj,

Yeah, beats gettin laid off, eh? =)

I've emailed the Woodworking purchaser / former HoT Langley manager to ask him about that router lathe; I'm thinking they blew out all their stock though, so most likely nothing left. But doesn't hurt to ask on the off-chance. Best shot would probably be the Langley store at 1-888-530-6278; depending on their contacts, they might even be able to source out something like that if it's in stock or not.

TRN, we didn't actually buy House of Tools - we just took over their leases and hired the staff that was getting laid off. And yes, we do have a little store in Edmonton - we're thinking about expanding though so watch your flyer for more info.

@ all you addicts - thanks for business =)

- your peddler, Nathan @ KMS
nathant is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi Nathan

I called and he said they no longer have them and can't get them anymore he said many have called about them but the company is out of business (China Item)

But thank you for your time and the feed back

==========

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathant View Post
Hey bobj,

Yeah, beats gettin laid off, eh? =)

I've emailed the Woodworking purchaser / former HoT Langley manager to ask him about that router lathe; I'm thinking they blew out all their stock though, so most likely nothing left. But doesn't hurt to ask on the off-chance. Best shot would probably be the Langley store at 1-888-530-6278; depending on their contacts, they might even be able to source out something like that if it's in stock or not.

TRN, we didn't actually buy House of Tools - we just took over their leases and hired the staff that was getting laid off. And yes, we do have a little store in Edmonton - we're thinking about expanding though so watch your flyer for more info.

@ all you addicts - thanks for business =)

- your peddler, Nathan @ KMS



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
First Name: N/a
Posts: 12
 
Default

no prob =) glad to help. I know nothing but I know which people know something.

Hey I should put that in my sig!
nathant is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quality vs Cheap tools Jennabutala Tools and Woodworking 37 08-15-2016 06:58 AM
House of Tools closing? crquack Lobby 13 05-21-2009 05:06 PM
Which tools for most jobs Bob N Tools and Woodworking 11 02-23-2009 12:04 PM
Some turning tools that I made Mitch12 Woodturning and Lathes 16 11-15-2008 10:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome