Coming Soon: John Nixon's Commercial Motorized Router Lift - Router Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator
 
BigJimAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Jim
Posts: 3,503
     
Thumbs up Coming Soon: John Nixon's Commercial Motorized Router Lift

Hi all..

How many of you were impressed when John posted plans for his motorized router lift? How about one in a commercial version? John's teamed together with MLCS Woodworking and are bringing it to market. I couldn't find any news about it on the MLCS site, but John's got announcements, video, etc.

Regarding router compatibility, John responded the following to that question on his site: "the initial device released is going to support most 3.5 inch diameter router motors. Most motors this size are in the 2 1/4 HP range. E.g. Porter Cable PC690, 890 , Dewalt DWD616, Bosch 1618evs".

Interesting new product, eh?

Motorized Router Lift - Retail Version

Check out that new high-tech cordless router.. wireless and no recharging required!!
BigJimAK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Forum Contributor
 
AxlMyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 3,165
   
Default

It all depends on price. Too high, and it's a toy for the well healed.

.
Never, under any circumstances, combine a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Mike - Retired FoMoCo Tradesman
My Gallery @ http://www.routerforums.com/axlmyks-stuff/
AxlMyk is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered User
 
Ghidrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Ronald
Posts: 1,466
 
Default

Agreed, I've gotten so much more speed out of my Bench Dog lift that for all the things I do with it, it serves me quite well.

However, I don't use my router or RT as much, or have as many accessory devices as half the guys here do, so I imagine there are many operations I can't think of that a motorized lift will make easier or faster.

Never bite the hand that looks dirty!
The more you know the more you're worth
Ghidrah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

" motorized lift will make easier or faster"

It does. I thinking it will be in the same ball park as the other lifts on the market place, much to high for the normal wood worker..I'm thinking..my guess would be about 350.oo dollars..

=====




"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Retired Moderator
 
BigJimAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Jim
Posts: 3,503
     
Default

The web site indicates it will be comparable to other lifts, so I was guessing $250 - $300. We'll see.

Check out that new high-tech cordless router.. wireless and no recharging required!!
BigJimAK is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
First Name: Bob
Posts: 20
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimAK View Post
Hi all..

How many of you were impressed when John posted plans for his motorized router lift? How about one in a commercial version? John's teamed together with MLCS Woodworking and are bringing it to market. I couldn't find any news about it on the MLCS site, but John's got announcements, video, etc.

Regarding router compatibility, John responded the following to that question on his site: "the initial device released is going to support most 3.5 inch diameter router motors. Most motors this size are in the 2 1/4 HP range. E.g. Porter Cable PC690, 890 , Dewalt DWD616, Bosch 1618evs".

Interesting new product, eh?

Motorized Router Lift - Retail Version
I think it's pretty cool, and while most of us wouldn't "need" a motorized lift 99.9% of the time, there's ALWAYS that pesky .1%...
bobfowler is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered User
 
johnwnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 50
 
Default

Hi Jim. I was trolling around and I came across this post of yours from earlier this year. I appreciate you spreading the news over here. Recently I announced some new news on this topic, which I know you are aware of, but I thought I'd share it with the rest of the folks here.

The retail version of the motorized router lift is called The PowerLift and MLCS is taking preorders for the device beginning Sept. 8, 2010.

For more of the details on price and availability, visit this page:
The PowerLift has Arrived

John W. Nixon - Buffalo, NY
www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com
johnwnixon is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi John

Thanks for the update ,,, BUT I think MLCS has miss the mark a little bit, the ones that can put out 390.oo for the power lift have the big routers (3 to 3 1/2HP) and the ones that don't have the big routers will want to put one of the big routers in place with the power lift...but that's just my 2 cents.. the routers they have listed are fine with me but many want more power but with the new power lift it can't be done ....yet. (miss the mark I think)


======

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwnixon View Post
Hi Jim. I was trolling around and I came across this post of yours from earlier this year. I appreciate you spreading the news over here. Recently I announced some new news on this topic, which I know you are aware of, but I thought I'd share it with the rest of the folks here.

The retail version of the motorized router lift is called The PowerLift and MLCS is taking preorders for the device beginning Sept. 8, 2010.

For more of the details on price and availability, visit this page:
The PowerLift has Arrived



"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Registered User
 
johnwnixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 50
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj3 View Post
Hi John

Thanks for the update ,,, BUT I think MLCS has miss the mark a little bit, the ones that can put out 390.oo for the power lift have the big routers (3 to 3 1/2HP) and the ones that don't have the big routers will want to put one of the big routers in place with the power lift...
======
Hi Bob, I agree with you 100%. There is a plan to make another version of the PowerLift in the future that will accomodate the bigger routers. We didn't expect this version to take as long as it did, but a big portion of the time was spent ironing out the details with the electronics. Now that the electronic "brains" of the operation are solid, it should be an easier process making the larger lift.

John

John W. Nixon - Buffalo, NY
www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com
johnwnixon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Router my way reible General Routing 21 12-08-2018 11:06 AM
Shop made router lift Noob Table-mounted Routing 7 01-19-2010 01:02 AM
Router Lift for the Skil 8125? MajMayAL Table-mounted Routing 3 11-28-2009 02:56 AM
adapting M12V for Amerincan Woodworker router lift. Mike in Arkansas Table-mounted Routing 8 05-30-2009 07:52 PM
Jessem Router lift Versa Incra Precision Router Lift ragman Table-mounted Routing 3 04-01-2006 07:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome