After doing a check on the glue type I found out what the advantages are.
1) It comes in a dry format
2) it will last for a long time.(Scotch glue)
3) you can store it for years in the pastic bag/can unlike the normal hide glue.
4) you can just mix up what you need to use and save the rest.
5) it's a strong glue and can be used inside or outside
6) it's thick glue, and will fill the pockets of the joint, the key to a strong joint is to keep the joint from moving ,once the part moves in side the joint any glue will fail. (just one of the disadvantages of a dowel pin joint if not done right)
disadvantages are ▼
1) you need to mix it a day b/4 you need to use it.
2) once you mix it you can't save it
3) you must use a brush to put it in the joints
4) it will not take a stain
5) it will turn a light yellow when dry
6) it's made for dowel pins joints the norm or hidden joints.
A traditional Animal glue for laying wood veneers and for gluing furniture joints (also known as Scotch glue).
Soak the glue overnight before use.
Always melt glue in clean water in a proper glue pot.
An average mix is 1 part glue to 4 parts water.
Hope this helps