Dewalt Router Adapter for Track - Router Forums
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default Dewalt Router Adapter for Track

Does anyone have any experience with the router adapter Dewalt makes for their track saw track? The info on every website is limited to just a few routers.
I have two questions:

1) Will the Bosch 1617 mount on it? (They claim a couple of Porter Cable routers do, so if that is true, maybe the three hole bolt pattern would fit my Bosch).

2) Will the adapter fit on a Grizzly track? I guess that is the most important question of all.

I would like to get the adapter if the stars were to align themselves properly. :-)

I have attached a picture of my saw sitting on the track.

Note: I read all of the reviews and the ones about the Bosch contradict each other! :-( One says Yay! One says Nay!

I certainly would appreciate any feedback - good or bad.
Thanks
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-09 22.05.07.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	71417  

MT Stringer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Registered User
 
Al B Thayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Al
Posts: 366
 
Default

Hi Mike
From looking at your picture. It looks like you could make a base for it out of Lexan. Cut the slot in it on the table saw then mount the router.

What type of cuts will you be using it for?

Al
Al B Thayer is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al B Thayer View Post
Hi Mike
From looking at your picture. It looks like you could make a base for it out of Lexan. Cut the slot in it on the table saw then mount the router.

What type of cuts will you be using it for?

Al
Thanks Al. Got some cabinets to build in the coming months. A couple are fairly large. I just want something for routing long straight dadoes.
MT Stringer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Bill
Posts: 761
 
Default

Mike a bit off topic here but I am looking to perhaps buy the Dewalt track saw. How do you like yours? Any thoughts or suggestions?
billyjim is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjim View Post
Mike a bit off topic here but I am looking to perhaps buy the Dewalt track saw. How do you like yours? Any thoughts or suggestions?
I have the Scheppach track saw, which is identical to the one Grizzly sells. I have purchased two 55 inch tracks from Grizzly. They are identical in every way to the Scheppach model, just different stickers. :-)

That is why I am trying to figure out if the adapter will work with my router and tracks. It appears the Dewalt track is made differently.

The reason I bought the Scheppach saw is WOOT! had it for $119 with $5 shipping a while back. I couldn't pass that up.

I did upgrade the blade to a Freud and recently bought a 24T Festool blade for ripping 4/4 rough hard maple. No problems there.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-18 21.13.29.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	71432  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-18 21.13.40.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	71433  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-18 21.14.00.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	71434  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-18 21.14.49.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	71435  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01771.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	71436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01772.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	71437  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01774.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	71438  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01769.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	71439  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-09 22.05.07.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	71440  

MT Stringer is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default

It may be a mistake, but I ordered the router adapter. Stay tuned. I will let everyone know how this works out.

heh heh, I may have a slightly used one for sale if it doesn't fit! :-(
Mike
MT Stringer is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Registered User
 
Al B Thayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Al
Posts: 366
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Stringer View Post
Thanks Al. Got some cabinets to build in the coming months. A couple are fairly large. I just want something for routing long straight dadoes.
I use a shop made exact width dado fixture for dados cut to receive another piece. I haven't found a better way to cut them with almost perfect no brainer results.

I'm getting ready to do a thread on the fixture and it's virtues. You know with plywood coming in at different thicknesses and some measurement I don't find on the big marks on my ruler. I think it's the best way to cut the dado. I've been on a project for many weeks cutting down 45+ sheets of walnut plywood. Building walkin closets. I've cut hundreds of feet with it and very few measuring mistakes.

Long dados if I have to, get cut with a small but easy to set wobble dado. Posting pictures here, for me, is just a PITB. Or I would have posted them along with this post.

Al
Al B Thayer is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al B Thayer View Post
I use a shop made exact width dado fixture for dados cut to receive another piece. I haven't found a better way to cut them with almost perfect no brainer results.

I'm getting ready to do a thread on the fixture and it's virtues. You know with plywood coming in at different thicknesses and some measurement I don't find on the big marks on my ruler. I think it's the best way to cut the dado. I've been on a project for many weeks cutting down 45+ sheets of walnut plywood. Building walkin closets. I've cut hundreds of feet with it and very few measuring mistakes.

Long dados if I have to, get cut with a small but easy to set wobble dado. Posting pictures here, for me, is just a PITB. Or I would have posted them along with this post.

Al
I have one, Al, but it isn't 8 feet long. :-(
MT Stringer is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered User
 
Al B Thayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Al
Posts: 366
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Stringer View Post
I have one, Al, but it isn't 8 feet long. :-(
Well if you run a long dado with a router bit. My guess is you won't be happy with the fit. But I will be curious to see the rail setup and cut. I know magic can be done with those on sheet goods.

Al
Al B Thayer is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Moderation Team
 
MT Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
First Name: Mike
Posts: 5,712
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al B Thayer View Post
Well if you run a long dado with a router bit. My guess is you won't be happy with the fit. But I will be curious to see the rail setup and cut. I know magic can be done with those on sheet goods.

Al
Thanks Al. Delivery is scheduled Tue so I will report on whether my gear works with it or not.
MT Stringer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intro and question john spies New Member Introductions 20 12-08-2018 11:08 AM
First Benchtop Router Table, get a plate or go bare? silentblackhat Table-mounted Routing 38 05-30-2012 02:30 AM
For Sale: Dewalt 625 Router dovetail_65 Woodworking Classifieds 1 01-23-2011 04:08 PM
Freud Router stjimm General Routing 1 01-03-2009 11:04 AM
Old Glossary Terms Mark Site Help and Suggestions 0 10-14-2008 01:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome