Raised Panel Doors!
Had a good day today building some raised panel doors. All parts were already cut out. However, today I realized I needed to trim the panels just a smidgeon to get them to fit. After trimming on the table saw, one last pass on the router table got the panels cut down to the right size and shape.
Note: I use space balls in the grooves so the raised panel will not only be self centered, it will be able to expand if it needs to.
The doors are glued in the joints, but not the panels. Clamps pull everything into square. My bench has a 90 deg set up so the clamps do their job nicely.
I would assemble one door and let the glue set for at least 45 minutes. Meanwhile, I would get the next door (or doors) ready. At first I had two doors clamped up but that didn't work so well because one of them blocked the table saw so I couldn't trim the panels. So I resorted to building one door at a time. I now have several others ready to go first thing tomorrow. Dang it. If only I had a bigger place to work. But then, it is air conditioned - 77 deg F. all day! :-)
All of the panels fit through the planer except for one set. So, I had to reorganize the tools and drag out the drum sander. Those two door panels are now ready for the router.
I still have a boat load of parts for 14 drawers and another ten doors. :-) It seems like it is taking a long time but at least things are going well...well almost. I did forget to cut one stub tenon on a rail and had to recut it. Of course the router bit wasn't set right, so it took a little trial and error to get it set up again...just to make one cut. :-(
A little sanding and these doors will be ready to be installed when I get the boxes built.