Gents, very glad to see these ideas - have been wrestling with this very problem for years. Have had a DeWalt RAS for 40 years, and the dust is still in my ceiling lumber stacks.
At the outset I bought a wire-and-plastic-sheeting contraption sold by deWalt - it did not work or last. Then I made a plywood and laminate large hood - kept some of the dust at the back of the table, but although large - did not prevent the dust plume from contaminating the air. Cut an aperture at the back of the hood, in line with the blade, made a box at the back with a sloped back wall, dropping down to a removable bin - the bin fills up quite quickly, but the plume remains defiant. Added suction to the outlet on the blade shroud - helps a lot in ripping, not much in crosscuts.
As this is my primary tool, I use it for all cuts except breaking down boards. So I was thinking of a catcher that swivels with the saw, but this will be finicky, especially as it will have to clear the fence in crosscuts, and have to be in front of the carriage in in-rip and out-rip positions - way beyond my level of inventiveness. I am a shrink, not an engineer.
Since most of my cuts are crosscuts, I think I will steal Art and Herb's ideas. After seeing Doug's table in another post, I realised how inadequate my setup is - due for an upgrade.