OCD kicked in and redid the hose on the miter saw using a piece of the leftover 2.5" clear hose from the pipe setup. Also removed the handle for improved hose routing - fail on the design; and cut up a piece of clear PVC floor runner to act as a blade dust funnel, hoping this will be effective. The new 12 carbide Craftex saw blade cuts amazing btw - had no idea how dull the old blade was. Hard finding a 8-1/2" blade - the Freud units are $60 CAD ea and I want to ensure this thing works and cuts square and true before I go buying a specific blade for big money. Love resurrecting old, paid for semi premium tools.
About to punch a hole into the door for the shop vac to blow out the exhaust for now. Also will be moving towards getting the big ducting, air and several power circuits run into the shed. Planning on connecting the D/C to the piping system, as well as leaving one 4 or 5" blast gate open to extract air from the garage at all times. Going to see how that all works once it's connected.
Sadly it's crappy weather here, snowed a tiny bit yesterday; need San Diego weather !!!
Also, some pics of the connector / "adaptor" installation: submerse the PVC in rolling boiling water for about 2 minutes while stirring and turning it so it doesn't stick to the bottom. Nice and plyable like a Gummi bear and has a working time of about 30 sec and a tight fit. Once it cools, it's possible to pull off and then glue on, but she be tight. I've left them without glue for now and will see if that is sufficient. Not sure if the PVC glue will work with the black ABS, altho I did it on a couple of the first connections where I used a heat gun to soften it.....way too much work and awkward to do compared to the cooking method IMO.
a 16 year old hooligan stuck in a 55 year old's carcass
Last edited by tulowd; 04-30-2019 at 08:49 AM.