Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
You cold also take a small board hold across the collet and with a hammer lightly tap the collet back on to the collet nut.

If you can get the collet back on the collet nut, you can half thread it back o and light tape the collet with a hammer and see if it will break loose..

It's not unusual for a woodworker in the shop to take the collet nut loose to find the router bit still stuck in the collet in the shaft. He will loose half way and strike the collet nut lightly to break the connection...

·
Registered
826 Posts
The collet is not supposed to separate from the nut on the 1617 collets. (at least none of the ones on the three I own have ever separated) You my need to get a new collet at this point. You have a very good router so the new collet is worth it.
the collet and collet nut will separate if need.

·
Registered
826 Posts
if she can push the router nut back on the collet nut , she can thread it back on enough to pop it loose.

i believe she over tightened the router nut and the collet is jammed tight

Ive seen these separate in the shop several times. They do wear..,

·
Registered
826 Posts
Sounds like you are half on half off. The ring may be trapped between collet and collet nut.

Have you tapped the shaft along where the wrench goes, but not the threads?

You might try "Woodworkingtalk" as well for answers. Post a question and fast responses...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts